Villa Marcella was built in 1958 by Bruno Paffi grandfather of the current managers.
It was managed by his son Rodolfo together with his wife Laura until 2013. Marcella, after whom the hotel is named, was Rodolfo’s sister.
The hotel started out with 21 rooms and was completely extended and renovated twice. The first time in 1985. It grew to 33 rooms and the Piano Bar Club 41 was created, which would go on to make history in the area as a Cabaret room and Jazz Club. The second structural renovation with expansion takes place between 2007 and 2008. The hotel is expanded to its current 45
rooms, and the 3rd and 4th floors are built.
The Quartocielo Restaurant is created.
The hotel is currently run by Rodolfo and Laura’s two sons, Bruno and Roberto.